The breeder at Xiulan Shih-Tzu, guarantees this puppy from life threatening hereditary defects for 1 year from date of transfer. Hereditary defects do not include communicable diseases that could be prevented by vaccinations (parvo, distemper etc…). The person who adopts the puppy must have the puppy vet checked within 7 days of the transfer of the puppy. Breeder must be notified immediately and have proof of defect or disease in writing from a licensed vet and the defective puppy must be returned to the breeder at the adoptive person’s expense in order for them to receive a replacement puppy of the same breed/sex/quality when it becomes available. The breeder is not responsible for any vet bills that incur. A good way to safeguard your puppy is to avoid public parks, pet stores or places that have a lot of dog traffic until your puppy is fully vaccinated.
Umbilical hernias and pinched nostrils are very common among the Shih-Tzu breed and are not a life threatening condition, therefore are not bound by our contract. Shih-Tzu puppies commonly snore, snort, sniffle or bubble. These symptoms are of no cause for concern if the nasal discharge is clear and the puppy is playing, eating and acting normal. When a puppy is teething these symptoms may increase. Tight nostrils normally correct themselves as a pup matures. This can take several months to occur.
The breeder does not guarantee puppies against umbilical hernias, pinched nostrils, retained testicles or hypoglycemia. Please choose a vet who is experienced and knowledgeable with the Shih-Tzu breed.
If for some reason you can no longer care for your puppy and cannot find a loving home, please, before you drop him/her off at a shelter, contact us first.
The owners of Xiulan Shihtzu may refuse the adoption of a person who wishes to adopt a puppy/dog for good cause as justified by the owners of Xiulan Shih-Tzu. Persons wishing to adopt must be approved by the owners of Xiulan Shih-Tzu. To ensure the health and welfare of Xiulan Shih-Tzu puppies, no Xiulan Shih-Tzu puppy will be adopted out to a puppy mill for breeding purposes. No Xiulan Shih-Tzu puppy will be adopted out to someone who boards their dogs outside in the elements no matter what the climate of that home. If the owners of Xiulan Shih-Tzu discover an undesirable condition/circumstance about a person who wishes to adopt a puppy/dog, the owners of Xiulan Shih-Tzu may void any oral or written contract concerning adoption. If this happens, the owners of Xiulan Shih-Tzu will be held harmless from the cancellation of the agreement.
Xiulan Shih-Tzu Puppy Contract
Information about person who wishes to adopt a puppy/dog:
Home Phone __________________________Cell Phone _____________________________
Puppy Name and Color_______________________________________________________________
Date of Birth _____________Sex ______Sire _________________Dam________________
Registration Offered: ________________
1. Registration fees are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
2. Xiulan Shih-Tzu offers a one year guarantee that the puppy is free from hereditary diseases that are detrimental (see health guarantee)
to the puppy’s health causing his/her death. In the event that a hereditary disease is found by a licensed veterinarian, the breeder will replace the puppy with another puppy of equal value and sex upon receipt of letters confirming diagnosis by a licensed veterinarian, the Xiulan Shih-Tzu veterinarian, and the return of the original puppy. We cannot predict a time frame when a replacement puppy will be made available, but the person who adopted the puppy will have first pick behind the breeder and prior to other persons on an adoption waiting list. We are not responsible for any vet bills incurred. Any and all vet bills are sole responsibility of the person who adopted the puppy/dog. Vet bills will not be reimbursed. Replacement puppies will not be given for common things, such as but not limited to, fleas, worms, coccidia, kennel cough, giardia, etc.. Outbreaks of these ailments are common due to shipping or re-homing and the related stress of it. This guarantee will not cover any congenital defects that are not discovered prior to delivery of the puppy.
3. Xiulan Shih-tzu guarantees the puppy for 4 days from the date of transfer against the following diseases: Parvovirus, Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, and Corona Virus. In the event that any of the above-stated diseases are diagnosed within the 4-day period, the breeder is to be notified within 24 hours. A licensed veterinarian must verify the diagnosis with lab results.
4. For the health and care of your puppy, please be aware that all puppies/dogs are fed __________________________. Sudden changes in the puppy’s food can cause diarrhea. You must slowly mix more of the new food with less of the puppy food used by Xiulan Shih-Tzu each week to avoid upsetting your puppy’s delicate balance.
5. The estimated size a puppy given by the breeders of Xiulan Shih-Tzu is only a prediction based on breeeer’s experience and traits recognition. No guarantees are made as to adult color, size or bite. The health guarantee does not include uneven bites, undescended testicles, demodex mange, inguinal or umbilical hernias, mites, ticks, heartworms, giarrdia, coccidosis, ear mites, hypoglycemia or kennel cough. These listed conditions, which can be caused by shipping and stress related to transfer of ownership, are common in puppies and highly treatable by a veterinarian.
6. If a puppy is to be shipped, a money order for shipment must be received by the breeder 8 days prior to shipment. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the person who is adopting the puppy/dog. Breeder has the right to decide when a puppy is to be shipped to the adoptive family based on the size, health, and condition of the puppy.
7. No other guarantee is made or implied, except as stated in this written guarantee. Any disputes will be litigated in Seminole County, FL at the expense of the person who adopted the puppy/dog. Warranty applies to the original person who adopted the puppy/dog only, and is not transferable.
*Puppy transferred with full AKC requirements:
The name Xiulan will be at the beginning of the AKC registration name.
No first generation offspring of a Xiulan Shih-Tzu puppy/dog can be transferred with full registration.
We hope you enjoy your wonderful puppy and sincerely hope you both have many happy years together.
By signing below, both parties acknowledge that they have read and understand the above contract/warranty, and agree to the terms therein. Both breeder and person adopting the puppy/dog will receive, and should maintain, a copy of this contract.
Person Adopting the Puppy/Dog_________________________________________Date:_______________